Will you be prepared?
If not, here’s a little something to whip together so that you too can get into the spirit of Thankfulness…
Pretty, huh? You know you want to practise those seldom-used embroidery and machine satin stitches on your upmarket sewing machine computer, so go find the free pattern here.
Pre-Thanksgiving is also signalled by a tsunami of emails for the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales.
My inbox already has them from:
- Britex Fabrics (San Francisco)
- Craftsy (bought 4 new classes…gulp!)
- McCalls Patterns
- a new craft learning site called Creativebug (Yep, I signed up today for the free 14 day trial)
- Threads and Taunton Press
- Megan Nielsen Patterns (Australian)
- Grainline Studio patterns
- Sewaholic Patterns (Canada)
- Book Depository.com
- Amazon, obviously!
- even good old NZ Post (10% off YouShop postage with offer code “LOVEFROMYOUSHOP10)
- Bernina (via Nancy’s in Wellington) also has a 20% off sale on machines and accessories
- The Stitchsmith is having her Christmas sale on needlepoint, embroidery stuff etc
That’s not even including the ones that jump up at me on Facebook!
Clearly, I’ve over-subscribed to US based sewing-related retailers, however, I just wanted to give you the heads-up, that there will be some bargains on offer if you can’t source your sewing supplies in NZ – such as that really big tracing paper, special Japanese hand basting threads etc. The deals may include free or reduced international shipping, or just craaazzzy prices, that even with the less favourable exchange rate can mean that you get a little pre-Christmas buzz buying for your favourite hobby and have a little more left over in your purse for actual Christmas spending.
Happy Thanksgiving fellow sewists and sewers x